Saturday, November 23, 2013

"Truth Be Told"

Daily Devos 

Daily Devotions from Lutheran Hour Ministries
By Pastor Ken Klaus, Speaker Emeritus of The Lutheran Hour
Use these devotions in your newsletter and bulletin!  Used by permission; all rights reserved by the Int'l LLL (LHM). 



"Truth Be Told"
November 19, 2013
SundanceThe natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. 1 Corinthians 2:14
The article in Science magazine was entitled: "A Complete Skull from Dmanisi, Georgia, and the Evolutionary Biology of Early Homo."

It was not the kind of article I would normally pick up and read. Truth be told, I would probably have avoided the article like the plague. That was until I began to read some of the reactions to the discovery which had been made in 2005.

Apparently, it is an unearthing which has rocked the world of the evolutionists.

The problem is this: using their own dating methods they believe the skull to be two million years old. That would mean the skull ought to be quite different than that of modern man. It isn't. In fact the owner of that skull could probably walk down the main street of any 21st-century city or town and go unnoticed.

And if you're wondering if I'm exaggerating, I can tell you the fellow who has headed up the research on the skull says it has "forced anthropologists to reconsider long-held evolution premises regarding the history of humans across the world."

Now I'm pretty sure this "rethinking process" is not going to end up with the scientific community embracing the creation account of Genesis. That would be too much to hope for. On the other hand, I do look forward to them not being so smug and condescending toward those of us who believe "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" (Genesis 1:1).

As for me and my house, the news of this skull hasn't changed much, if anything. Indeed, you could fill an oil tanker with ancient skulls, and it wouldn't change anything.

That is because God's people believe what they believe because of the faith they have in the Lord and the truth of His unchanging Word. That belief stands in contrast to the so-called experts who have had to retract and recant much of what they had been promoting as being the gospel truth.

All of this explains why I shall continue to trust the Lord and the salvation won by my Savior on His cross and at His borrowed and empty tomb.

THE PRAYER: Dear Lord, may I always remember You and Your Word have the only truth that gives salvation. This I ask in the Name of Jesus who is my Savior, Redeemer and Friend. Amen.
Pastor KlausIn Christ I remain His servant and yours,


Pastor Ken Klaus
Speaker Emeritus of The Lutheran Hour®
Lutheran Hour Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment