Sunday, December 27, 2009

If You Are Sick

Feast Day of St. John, Apostle and Evangelist
Third day of Christmas
December 27, 2009

The Lord be with you

I am on vacation. Normally I attend worship while on vacation. It is one of the few times I get to sit with my wife Kitty and hear someone else preach a sermon. However, today Kitty was not feeling well (probably something we ate at dinner last night). So I elected to stay home with her (something else I typically do not have the freedom to do). I was, therefore, able to do something I have often recommended, but never been able to do.

I went to this blog and clicked on the link to “my favorite radio station). It is KFUO. I then clicked on the FM station (They have both an AM station and an FM station.) Beginning at 10:30 our time, 9:30 their time, KFUO broadcasts live the worship service from Chapel of the Cross Lutheran Church. By following the link on the KFUO page I was able to go to Chapel of the Cross’ webpage and open their Sunday morning worship bulletin. The bulletin has their liturgy printed out so we could follow the service. Because we have a copy of the Lutheran Service Book, we were also able to join in the singing of the hymns, when the words were not printed in the bulletin.


Of course it was not as good as actually being in the worship service; still it was much better than just hearing a sermon. There is a lot to be said about being able to participate.

If for some reason you cannot attend a worship service on Sunday morning, I truly recommend you participate is this fashion.

Blessings in Christ,
Pastor John Rickert

No comments:

Post a Comment