Saturday, July 18, 2009

Newspaper Photo

Saturday after Pentecost 6
July 18, 2009

The Lord be with you

I have spent most of today working on tomorrow's sermon. Now all I have to do is run over it so I'm okay in the pulpit. As a break I decided to post a picture of me in my bio section of this blog. The photograph was taken in 2008 for our local newspaper. They were doing a story about an anti-slavery resolution I was sponsoring in our denomination. That resolution was, by-the-way, adopted by our regional body (the Southeastern District of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod) and now is headed to the national body. If passed there 2.5 million Christians will be committing to praying for the end of this horrible "business."

Blessings in Christ,
Pastor John Rickert

No comments:

Post a Comment