Sunday, September 8, 2013

My Experience at the LWML Annual Retreat, August 2013

I had the pleasure of attending the LWML retreat this year. I met many new people and made new friends. We exchanged our life stories - the good and bad.

This year, the retreat focused on Baptism. I learned more about baptism and how it connects with the crucifixion; its importance and how it impacts us DAILY.

This retreat made me reflective of my former youth camp experience. It was VERY different. In my younger years at camp, I was afraid of the big girls; they made fun of me, put bugs and other insects in my bed every night, and they would take my food. The counselors would not listen to me; they said I was a baby. I wondered, Where was God?

In THIS retreat, there was NEVER a doubt: HE was there!

By: Lynn Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment