Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Myrtle Beach

Wednesday after Pentecost 8
Commemoration of Lawrence, Deacon and Martyr
August 10, 2011

The Lord be with you

This past Sunday I worshiped at Risen Christ Lutheran Church in Myrtle Beach fulfilling part of my responsibilities as Circuit Counselor. On this trip I remembered to bring my camera so below is a picture of Pastor Kassouf in front of his church. They have both a tradition liturgical service and a contemporary service and offer the Lord’s Supper in both services each Sunday.

After the service Kitty and I went to lunch with Pastor Kassouf, his wife Fran, and several members of their congregation. One of those members was Joe Ruisi, a retired editorial cartoonist. I spoke with him about my D.Min project and how I was finding it hard to find an artist. To cut to the chase, he has agreed to do the art work for me. Now my stations of the cross will have something much better than stick-figures. What a blessing. It is so special when the Lord works and we can see it.

Blessings in Christ,
Pastor John Rickert


No comments:

Post a Comment