Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Prayer Request

Tuesday after Easter 6
May 11, 2010

The Lord be with you,

Anyone who is a member of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod, knows that this coming Summer the LCMS will be meeting in convention. You are probably also aware that this will be a pivotal convention, as many resolutions will be presented concerning restructuring the LCMS. If you are a delegate, I do not ask you to vote for this resolution or against that resolution; I do not ask you to vote for this or that candidate. In like manner, if you are a non-candidate, I am not asking you to pray for the election of this or that candidate, or for the passage of this or that resolution. (Well, I would like to see pass the resolution asking for the members of Synod to pray for the end of the salve trade in the world.) However I do ask everyone to pray that God’s will be done. You don’t even need to be a member of the LCMS to pray this prayer. I truly feel that this convention needs to be surrounded by prayer. I am not the only one.

This year there will be a twenty-four hour a day, seven days a week, Prayer Vigil going on during the Convention for the Convention. You can sign-up for a specific time and participate. Simply click on this link, and you will be taken to the page on the Synod’s webpage where you can sign-up.

Every Christian I’ve ever met says they believe in prayer. Here is a special opportunity to put that belief into practice.

Blessings in Christ,
Pastor John Rickert

No comments:

Post a Comment