Sunday, September 13, 2009

NC Apple Festival

Fifteenth Sunday after Pentecost
September 13, 2009

Last weekend was Labor Day Weekend (September 4-6). My wife Kitty, my daughter Rachel, my grandson Gregory, and I went up to the annual Labor Day Weekend North Carolina Apple Festival in Hendersonville. As always we had a great time. Kitty and I came back with plenty of Honey Crisp apples. Though there are plenty of apples to choose from, Honey Crisp is by far our favorite in this area. (There are, I understand, over 3,000 varieties of apples.) When we lived in Fort Wayne, IN, at the Johnny Appleseed Festival, they had an apple that we could buy that we loved, but we don’t remember the name. It was a red apple with snow-white flesh and dark red veins running through the flesh. What follows are some photographs we took while at the festival. The first one has Gregory, Rachel, and Kitty. We had just arrived and I was trying out the camera as it is my daughters. The next one is Gregory standing by one of the many painted apples they have on the street. The third picture is of Rachel and Kitty in some hats they were trying on. Rachel did buy the hat she is wearing. The fourth picture shows Gregory helping to crack open a geode that he bought. If you are ever in this area Labor Day weekend, this is a fun way to spend the day.

Blessings in Christ,
Pastor John Rickert

No comments:

Post a Comment